Welcome to Personal Development Plan – The Analysis.
Last month I introduced you to my Personal Development Plan called ACE which I believe is one of the most powerful personal development plans out there.
Why so powerful?
Because I’ve stripped back personal development planning back to its basics and created ACE to enable anyone to achieve any goal.
It’s a method I’ve been personally using for over 8 years and I’ve validated it’s power by using it with my Life Coaching clients also, all of whom have had phenomenal success also.
As in phenomenal success.
So, if you haven’t read the introduction to ACE and what personal development planning is generally, then click here and go back and read this blog post. If you’ve read it, then welcome back and let’s crack on with Stage 1 of ACE which is Analysis.
This is the analysis section of ACE and the analysis is where we look at where you are right now in your life.
We do this is 3 mini stages:
The analysis is like an awakening call and what I describe as a health check.
Because often as you know, life is so busy that we actually don’t focus on ourselves and our lives and where we are.
All I want you to do for this whole section is simply follow the exercises or answer my questions and note down anything significant that comes up.
Loads of things may come up may come up OR hardly anything at all. Quantity doesn’t matter, it’s all about honing in on your life now and stripping you back to establish exactly where you need to focus your energy.
So, for each section: detox, develop and desire, I’m going to give a brief explanation as to why I’m asking the questions I’m asking and then I simply need you to answer them.
Don’t over think.
Just go with the flow.
It’s the quality of your answers that count NOT the quantity.
Trust me you will know when something needs further attention and needs to be explored.
If a question doesn’t resonate; move onto the next.
The purpose of The Analysis Section is to give you ideas to take forward to set your goals in The Clarity Section.
The detox section, as the name suggests, is about analysing what you need to get rid of in your life or tidy up or both.
We’ve got six areas to look at in the detox section.
Go through each exercise and see what comes up.
Exercise 1 – Declutter
Your car, your office, your desk, your home, really think about right now?
All of you will know how powerful I believe decluttering is, so DO NOT underestimate the step.
Exercise 2 – Toxic Relationships
Who are those people that you need to walk away from?
Who doesn’t make you feel good?
Exercise 3 – Bad Habits
Bad habits such as overeating, smoking, shouting at your husband, over drinking etc
Exercise 4 – Limiting Beliefs
Exercise 5 – To Do List
In your notebook, do a big brain dump of all those jobs that you have been dreading or procrastinating over. Dump them in your notebook. What are they?
Exercise 6 – Negative Emotions
Think about the things that make you sad, angry, envious and jealous. Also, what are you tolerating? What are your fears? Think about all of these and try to answer “why?” to all.
So, that’s the detox section done.
So, what do you do with it?!
I imagine lots of thoughts and ideas have come up.
Simply note them all down ready for Section 2 of ACE – Clarity.
The next part is what do you need to develop in your life?
So the opposite of detox.
What do you need / want more of?
Please answer the following:
1. Think about those things, people or emotions that you want to attract. What are they?
2. What good habits do you want to form? Hint: it could be hobbies, charity work, healthy habits like exercise five days a week.
3. Who are the people in your life that make you feel good? Or who are a good influences? Who are they? Identify them.
4. Who are those people that you really, really admire? They could be famous and you don’t have access to them, but you can still analyse them. What do they do that you admire? How do they dress? How do they act? What are they doing?
5. What positive emotions do you want to acquire? Gratitude? Kindness, Compassion, Empathy?
6. What motivates you? What gives you energy?
7. Confidence. Where do you think you need to build confidence?
8. Resilience, where do you need to build resilience?
9. Where do you need to be more assertive?
10. Skills, what skills do you need or want to acquire? Could be in your career or it could be personal.
11. Finally, your money mindset. How can you build on your money mindset to make it healthier and more positive?
The desire section, although similar to the develop section, is a more dreamlike and bigger picture stuff.
What I would like you to do for this section is do the following exercises:
1. Formulate a mission statement, your own personal mission statement.
2. I’d like you to come up with a set of values.
3. I’d like you to do the death bed scenario exercise.
4. I’d like you to create a vision board or a vision box.
5. I’d like you to think about your raison d’etre. What is life for you? What is your reason for being? Why are you here?
So, remember, you’re on the desire section, and the exercises I’ve outlined will help you come up with those light bulb moments, those “cha ching” ideas.
Final “Sweep Up” Exercises for The Analysis
Additional to the exercises and questions from detox, develop and desire, I’m going to leave you with two further exercises that will help you for the analysis section.
These exercises are really good for a sweeping up anything you may have missed.
The exercises are:
So, there we are.
Step one of your Personal Development Plan – The Analysis is complete.
You’ve interrogated your life as it is now by going through what you need to detox, what you need to develop and what you desire. Hopefully you’ve had some real Cha Ching moments and thought “Oh my god, this is what I need to look at in my life.”
Additionally, the last two exercises will have finalised your analysis by flushing out anything you may have missed.
Now I’ve thrown A LOT at you in this section.
I’ve done this on purpose because I want the ideas to be flowing, literally flowing out of you and I want you to be inspired.
All of the ideas that have come up you will take forward to the next section to formulate your goals.
So, hold those thoughts, write them down and have them ready for Stage 2: Clarity which will be available next month.
Gemma is a leading Life Coach & Business Coach, Award Winning Podcaster and the owner of Prosperity Kitchen. Regularly featured in the national press, Gemma is one of the “go to” people on Life Coaching & Business Coaching. Gemma counts VIPs, High Net Worth Individuals, Entrepreneurs, Career Professionals, Stay at Home Parents and all manner of other amazing people as her clients.She specialises in Personal Development, Career Coaching, Employee Coaching, Executive Coaching, Confidence, Motivation, Health and Small Business Coaching