House Plants for Idiots with Emma Sibley
Podcast Details: not the best sound quality
In today’s podcast I talk to the author of House Plants, Emma Sibley all about the basics of looking after house plants. We go into the details of how often to water, why misting is good and Emma kindly diagnoses what’s wrong with my house plants.
We talk about:
- Why plants are suddenly having a huge resurgence.
- The health benefits of house plants.
- Why house plants generally die.
- Which house plants are easy to keep.
- How often each of the easy house plants should be watered and fed.
- What are the signs that a plant is over watered.
- What are the signs that a plant is under watered.
- What are the signs that a plant are in the wrong location.
- How to pot a plant. The basics.
- Why misting is good for your plants.
- House plants that like the shade and the cold.
- Which herbs are the best to keep.
- What a terrarium is and why they’re the most easiest type of plant to keep of them all!
Access to podcast is under “Listen to Podcast” section. Scroll down the page.
Pictures of My House Plants
CYRIL THE SPIDER PLANT – Too much water.
WILLIAM THE MONEY PLANT – Not enough sun and needs succulent special soil.
MALCOM THE DRACAENA – Too draughty.
HERMOINE THE PEACE LILLY – Over Watering.
BERT THE PEACE LILLY – Trim back damaged leaves
Emma Sibley Bio
London Terrariums was born in 2014 out of a passion for gardening but not having a garden in London.
The so called renaissance of Houseplants was just about to take off but we had no idea at the time by how much. We started LT out of our love of Terrariums and the joy we felt when teaching other people how to make these miniature gardens. Ironically it has all been a very organic growth process.
Over the past years, we have moved from our Bermondsey studio to our current and wonderful shop in New Cross Gate, London. This is our base for making terrariums, holding workshops and inviting people in for a chat.
Right now, there are 4 members of the London Terrariums team – we are all self taught gardeners, trained mainly in design but with a passion for plants and horticulture.
Listen to Podcast
Click on arrow in the middle of picture.
Sound Cloud Access:
Click on red arrow in the top left-hand corner.
If you enjoyed listening to this, then why not look at my latest video on my Ultimate 2 Tips For Building Confidence. It’s FREE and it’s an absolute cracker. Over the course of 15 minutes I take you confidence building tips that I guarantee will work. Click here for access.
Need to make a change right now? Then why not try my new online course – 5 Days To A Better You! It’s the ultimate personal development course you can do in the comfort of your own home in 5 days. Yes in 5 days I guarantee you will be well on your way to becoming the best version of yourself that you can be. 14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Click here for more information.
I would love to hear from you. If you would like more information or to
make an enquiry, please use the form below.
Mobile: 07928 786 544