If you can’t like who you are, then who else is going to?
Harsh but true.
Notice I’ve said, LIKE and not LOVE.
Because I’m of the opinion that many people don’t really like who they are.
Forget loving themselves, they are so far away from that, that they need to work on the first principles of self-love and that’s self-like.
When a Client comes to see me to work on some area of their life or another, it sometimes becomes apparent to both of us that before we can tackle what they’ve come to see me about, they need to learn to like who they are otherwise nothing else will work.
If you don’t like yourself, then you’re going to be out of balance mentally, physically and spiritually.
It’s as simple as that.
Until you start to like who you are then you will find life to be gritty. That’s the only word I can think of that adequately describes what I mean.
By gritty I mean where day to day life, although perhaps not bad, is not smooth. You face frustrations, annoyances and you’re intolerant to many things.
Ring any bells?
Outlined below are 30 questions that are going to open up a discussion with yourself about how you feel about yourself and perhaps help you to start thinking about how you can like yourself more.
I’m not talking revolution here.
I’m talking, simple questions that I don’t want you to over-think, but to answer truthfully and see what comes up for you.
If you find a question too hard, then no worries just move onto the next.
All you need is a notepad, pen and a quiet place to relax and answer.
Here we go:
- How do you feel about yourself?
- How do you think about yourself?
- How do you talk to yourself?
- How is thinking / talking like that going to benefit you?
- How are you not looking after yourself?
- How were you complimented as a child?
- Name a relationship (family, love, friends or colleagues) where they haven’t made you feel good?
- What did they say or do?
- What embarrasses you?
- Who or what situations have you been made to feel embarrassed?
- Who is perfect who you know?
- What are your limiting beliefs?
- What would make you be kinder to yourself?
- What makes you feel good?
- What ways can you be kinder to yourself?
- When did you last feel good about yourself?
- What areas of you don’t you like?
- What areas of you do you like?
- How do you look after yourself?
- Is there anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself?
- What is your diet like?
- What is your sleep like?
- Do you exercise?
- Do you like your hair and clothes?
- Do you have any indulgent time?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- When were you last complimented?
- How have you looked after yourself in the past month?
- What are your Values?
- What 10 healthy habits can you adopt now?
I hope this helped you open a dialogue with yourself.
As I said at the beginning, I’m not expecting a personal revolution, but they should give you food for thought.
Are you looking to boost your confidence levels? Then try my new FREE confidence building video by clicking here:
Need to make a change right now? Then why not try my new online course – 5 Days To A Better You! It’s the ultimate personal development course you can do in the comfort of your own home in 5 days. Yes in 5 days I guarantee you will be well on your way to becoming the best version of yourself that you can be. 14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Click here for more information.