Following on from last week’s Cheaper Personal Training Options, I’ve had my first work out today with Ben of Benifit in Newbury.
My goal is: Weight Loss, toning and to tighten my core area. I have a bad knee so Ben needed to adapt the exercises to take account of this. I also like to keep my exercise routines to 45 minutes max.
I’ve outlined below Work-Out 1 from Ben. Give it a go yourself. If you don’t understand the terminology YouTube or Google should help.
Work Out 1
- Progressive warm up on the Cross Trainer for 10 minutes, Quick Start onto level 8 and increase speed every minute or so. Maintain RPM at 60 -70 KPH throughout.
- Rowing Machine for 10 minutes. Resistance level 8. Maintain stroke rate between 25-30 spm and 500 split time between 2.30-2.40. Maintain good posture and breathe on the way out. Power with the legs as much as possible.
- Treadmill Power Walk for 10 minutes. Start with incline 4 and speed at 5 KPH. Work up 0.5 on each every minute. I end up with incline 9.5 and speed circa 7.5 KPH (depending on how I’m feeling). The key is to not stop and maintain a fast walk. Use arms to power. Maintain heart rate at 130 to 140. Blast for the last minute and raise my heart rate over 140.
- 10 Press Ups. I do Girl Press Ups on my knees at the moment because I have zero upper body strength.
- Straight into Plank for 45 seconds (if you can’t hold push upwards into downward dog and then back down again. Try not to collapse).
- Straight into Back Raises for 30 Reps
- Repeat exercises 4 to 6 for 2 more rounds.
Look out for Work-Out 2 next week.